Saturday 14 August 2010

Riddle

What's an invisible, chronic, illness/disease/condition/health impairment which causes constant tiredness among with many other symptoms, can cause complete immobility, has no cure, has different names, is often misdiagnosed or unrecognised, and sometimes not even believed to be real?

Chronic fatigue syndrome or M.E


OK. Here goes! My very first blog. What am I blogging about? ME. of course (see what I did there?) but also a persistent part of me which has controlled most of my days in the past year. Call it whatever you want to call it. It is there but you can't see it. Nothing too exciting, just a boring, misunderstood and frustrating part of my life which won't go away. It makes me want to lie down, sleep, sit, stare, and do the bare minimum. I've never been a "bare minimum" person but that's just it, it's like the whole purpose of the illness is to flip my whole life as I knew it on it's head. This is why I'm inside on a Saturday night and why I have been the week before, and the one before that...

I will keep this blog as a diary of my experiences and maybe it will help me become a better person and more aware of what I have to be grateful for. I have to keep reminding myself that every negative brings positives. Everything in life is a cycle, I think women understand this more than men! I am aiming to ride this out however long it will take. AND have fun with it, learn with it, be patient with it, take advantage of it, become best friends with it. HA I know that sounds ridiculous. But actually, it is the logical thing to do, why struggle to go against something, when you can relax and go with it? Of course I'm not talking about physically, just mentally!
As many people know, part of this illness is the feeling of being completely useless, everyday is a struggle. But it has really opened my eyes to things I never ever would have stopped to appreciate. It has been a struggle that's for sure, that's why I think my next life will be a piece of cake, not even that, my next life will be the cherry on top of the cake!

So I'm trying to learn more about it, I've placed a bid on an eBay book called "beating fatigue", I'll let you know if it's any good.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging :)
    We all have some illnesses, they make us read other people`s blogs and post stupid comments and send moronical links :)
    I really believe that your negative will bring you many positives (like me spending more time with you).
    Here`s your very first moronical link (so that you`ll never forget me): http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/129003515313732287.jpg
    PS: when you stop being sick, please dont delete the blog :)

    ReplyDelete